June 23, 2021 Food Can Balance Your Energy: The Humble Potato
“Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.”
This famous quote is often attributed to Hippocrates, although there’s no actual proof he ever said it. But whoever did say it was brilliant! Everything we put in our bodies affects us, so not only can we nurture ourselves with food, we can heal and balance ourselves with it, too.
This week, just 3 days past the Summer Solstice, we are once again going to honor the energy of balance and transitions that sits with the Earth element. Earth stabilizes the energy during the equinox times and supports transitions as we move from the longest day of the year to the shortest day and back again. Always ready to nurture and support, Earth responds to the taste of starches (as well as sweets). Featured today is one of the healthiest starches around: the potato! High in potassium, vitamin C, and other essential nutrients, potatoes have the added benefit of growing to maturity in the Earth, herself.
So gather your ingredients and get ready to create a tasty batch of Rosemary Roasted Potatoes courtesy of www.rachelcooks.com. Easy to prepare, this dish is equally yummy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (ideally small ones), scrubbed and cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stir, and continue to cook for 20 more minutes or until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve immediately.
Super easy, this recipe features the starchy taste of potatoes that helps balance Earth energy along with the earthy flavor of rosemary as an added bonus.