June 10, 2022 For June, Enjoy Creamy Coconut Joy Cookies!
“Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.”
This famous quote is often attributed to Hippocrates, although there’s no actual proof he ever said it. But whoever did say it was brilliant! Everything we put in our bodies affects us, so not only can we nurture ourselves with food, we can heal and balance ourselves with it, too!
It’s long been known that specific flavors help balance each of the Five Element energies. This month we honor the energy of Earth, the element that supports the four main seasonal balancing points across our solar year: solstices and equinoxes. Earth energy stabilizes both the times of perfect balance between light and dark (the equinoxes) and the times of greatest imbalance between light and dark (the solstices). The taste that supports the Earth element is sweet and starchy, which means June is an excellent time to enjoy these super easy, no bake, Coconut Joy Cookies!
Unlike many fruits that are high in carbs, coconut provides mostly fat. It also contains protein, several important minerals, and small amounts of B vitamins. Coconut is also especially high in the mineral manganese, which is essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and cholesterol. It is also rich in copper and iron (which help form red blood cells) and selenium (an important antioxidant that protects our cells).
Coconut Joy Cookies not only bring the sweet taste that balances our Earth energy, they use just five simple ingredients and require no baking!
So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to help support your Earth energy with these energy-balancing and sweetly delicious Coconut Joy Cookies courtesy of tasteofhome.com. Bon Appetit!
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners’ sugar, and butter. Mix well and form into 1-inch balls.
- Using the center of a wooden spoon handle, make an indent in the center of each ball.
- Fill the indent with chocolate, then sprinkle with pecans.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and chill until the chocolate is firm. It is best to store these in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information (per piece)
Fat 6 g